What a busy, exciting, and rewarding week it was for Def Leppard.
All well deserved, of course.
Here are some of the most notable highlights from this memorable, eventful week.
Def Leppard News Highlights:
Week of 3/25
- Phil Collen did a radio interview with Grand Haven, Michigan’s 93.1 WMPA to discuss the band’s upcoming Hall of Fame induction.
You can listen to the entire interview here:
- Joe Elliott and Phil Collen were interviewed by Rolling Stone and discussed the band’s legacy, their love of Queen, and more. Rolling Stone also posted a recap of the songs Def Leppard performed at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony.
- The New York Post featured an article about Def Leppard finally getting the respect and recognition they deserve with their Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction.
- The entire band appeared on The Howard Stern Show during their whirlwind week of doing press. In addition to an interesting, in-depth interview, they performed several songs on the show.
Here are video highlights:
Def Leppard discussing their Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction:
Rick Allen discusses losing his arm and how he recovered from it:
Def Leppard performs David Bowie’s “Ziggy Stardust”:
Def Leppard performs “Pour Some Sugar On Me“:
Joe Elliott discusses performing “All the Young Dudes” at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert:
- Def Leppard appeared on Good Morning America and performed “Pour Some Sugar on Me.” (Kudos to Joe for being a good sport after being asked to literally pour sugar into a cup during the interview.):
- Def Leppard also appeared on the GMA Strahan & Sara Show and performed a condensed version of “Hysteria”:
- All of the week’s events perfectly built up to the band’s unforgettable Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony. The 2019 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will air on HBO on April 27, but here are several video highlights, some from fans in attendance, that are currently available for viewing:
Def Leppard (with Queen’s Brian May) speaking to the press backstage before the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame ceremony:
Brian May’s Def Leppard induction speech:
Def Leppard’s Rock & Roll Hall of Fame acceptance speech:
Def Leppard performing “Hysteria” after their Hall of Fame induction:
Def Leppard performing “Rock of Ages” and “Photograph“:
Def Leppard performing “Pour Some Sugar on Me“:
And for the finale, “All the Young Dudes” with special guest Mott the Hoople’s Ian Hunter:
- And let’s not forget, this week was also the 27th anniversary of the band’s Adrenalize release.
Truly, an unforgettable week for Def Leppard news!